Last year we started the tradition of publishing an eChapbook to celebrate Earth Day and National Poetry Month. This tradition will continue in 2021. This will be a free PDF collection that will be distributed via email, social media, and posted on this blog.
The focus of the collection is on learning from the Earth.
What does the landscape teach you? What do you learn from water? How has your relationship changed with trees? What lessons are found in the elements or encounters with animals?
What do we need to learn about climate change? How can we live lightly?
Nature has so much to teach us. Let’s capture our lessons and our questions.
for this Earth Day and
National Poetry Month Project
Contributors will maintain copyright for their work and submissions will only be used for this e-Chapbook project. All contributors will be emailed a copy of the e-Chapbook to share with whoever they choose. This collection will be published by Jessica Outram and Sunshine in a Jar Press.
This collection is open to anyone of all ages who wants to contribute.
What to submit?
- Photography or Artwork
- Your name (we will not be including bios)
What types of files are accepted?
- Word document (.doc) files
- Rich Text Format (.rtf) files
- Portable Document Format (.pdf) files
- For more visual poetry and/or for Photography/Artwork: JPEG, PNG, or PDF
How will poems be selected?
- Is the poem ready to publish? (no editing required)
- Does the poem fit the mission and vision of the Poet Laureate?
- Only one submission per writer/artist.
Submissions are due March 15, 2021. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org